It’s easy for American Christians to forget how Jesus said his followers would actually live, what their new lifestyle would actually look like. They would, he said, leave behind security, money, convenience, even family for him. They would abandon everything for the gospel. They would take up their crosses daily . . .
BUT WHO DO YOU KNOW WHO LIVES LIKE THAT? DO YOU?
In Radical, David Platt challenges you to consider with an open heart how we have manipulated the gospel to fit our cultural preferences. He shows what Jesus actually said about being his disciple—then invites you to believe and obey what you have heard. And he tells the dramatic story of what is happening as a “successful” suburban church decides to get serious about the gospel according to Jesus.
Finally, he urges you to join in The Radical Experiment—a one-year journey in authentic discipleship that will transform how you live in a world that desperately needs the Good News Jesus came to bring.
Below you will find resources to accompany Radical. We hope more than anything that reading this book simply points you to the Word of God, and these resources are provided to assist you in that journey.
Chapter 1 – Someone Worth Losing Everything For
- Jesus Is Worthy Of . . .
- What the Gospel Demands
- The Gospel Demands Radical Sacrifice
- Two Simple Words: Follow Me
- Don’t Waste Your Life – Part 1
- Don’t Waste Your Life – Part 2
Chapter 2 – Too Hungry for Words
- The Gospel: Why It’s Important
- The Gospel: What We Believe
- The Gospel: What We Need
- The Gospel: How We Live
- The Gospel: How We Know
Chapter 3 – Beginning at the End of Ourselves
Chapter 4 – The Great Why of God
Chapter 5 – The Multiplying Community
- By Making Disciples
- Making Disciples: Share the Word
- Making Disciples: Show the Word
- Making Disciples: Teach the Word
- Making Disciples: Serve the World
Chapter 6 – How Much Is Enough?
- Secret Church 8: The Gospel, Possessions, and Prosperity
- The Gospel Demands Radical Giving
- The Gospel Demands Radical Abandonment – Part 1
- The Gospel Demands Radical Abandonment – Part 2
- Faith Risks
- Faith Sacrifices
- Faith Acts
Chapter 7 – There Is No Plan B
- Is There Glory in a Narrow Gospel?
- What Happens to People Who Never Hear about Jesus?
- Engage the Lost
Chapter 8 – Living When Dying Is Gain
Chapter 9 – The Radical Experiment
The following are resources to assist you with the 5 components of the Radical Experiment from chapter 9 in “Radical”.
- The Radical Experiment
- Lifeline: Power through Prayer
- Desperate for His Spirit
- A Church Whose God Cannot Rest
- Pray Desperately – Part 1
- Pray Desperately – Part 2
Read through the entire Word.
- Biblical Training
- Bible Gateway
- Precept Austin
- The Gospel Coalition
- Logos Bible Software
- Grasping God’s Word (Zondervan)
- How to Read the Bible for All It’s Worth (Zondervan)
- Living By The Book (Moody)
- How To Study Your Bible (Harvest House)
- Holman Bible Handbook (Holman)
- New Bible Dictionary (InterVarsity Press)
- New Dictionary of Biblical Theology (InterVarsity Press)
- Introduction to the Old Testament (Zondervan)
- Introduction to the New Testament (Zondervan)
- Zondervan NIV Exhaustive Concordance (Zondervan)
- Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (Thomas A. Nelson)
- Holman Bible Atlas (Holman)
- Expositors Bible Commentary (Zondervan)
- New Bible Commentary: 21st Century Edition (InterVarsity Press)
- Expositors Bible Commentary (Zondervan)
- The Bible Exposition Commentary (Chariot Victor Publishing)
Commit your life to multiplying community.
By joining the Radical Experiment we want everyone to commit to connecting to an on-going small group where they can experience spiritual community, life transformation, and intentionally join others in making disciples locally and globally. If you are not a member of a local body of believers we encourage you to find a church in your area where you can be a part of the body of Christ.
Sacrifice your money for a specific purpose.
- Money, Possessions, and Eternity by Randy Alcorn
- The Treasure Principles by Randy Alcorn
- The Law of Rewards by Randy Alcorn
- Stott on Stewardship by John Stott
- Secrets of the Generous Life by Gordon MacDonald
- Too Small To Ignore by Wess Stafford
- Fields of the Fatherless by C. Thomas Davis
- When Helping Hurts by Brian Fikkert, Steve Corbett, and John Perkins
- Neither Poverty Nor Riches: A Biblical Theology of Possessions by Craig Blomberg
- Faith Works: Living What We Claim To Believe
- Radical: What the Gospel Demands
- Covenant Giving
- Secret Church 8 – The Gospel, Possessions, and Prosperity
Spend your time in another context.
A vital part of the Radical Experiment is to give 2% of our year and spend it in another context. By joining the Radical Experiment you are committing to giving 1 week to share the Gospel in another context for his glory among all nations.