Lately, there seems to be no shortage of troubling headline news. I'm not just talking about tragedies, although there are plenty of those. I'm talking about public policy, popular opinion, and legal rulings that fly in the face of what it means to follow Christ. Can we choose to fight some battles and ignore others? How can we be courageously uncompromising, yet at the same time compassionate?
These are the type questions David Platt's new book, Counter Culture, seeks to answer. The subtitle gives you an idea of what he covers: A Compassionate Call to Counter Culture in a World of Poverty, Same-Sex Marriage, Racism, Sex Slavery, Immigration, Abortion, Persecution, Orphans, and Pornography. You can read more on what it is about, as well as how you can pre-order it, on the book website: CounterCultureBook.com. This site will be a hub for ways you can actively get involved in countering the culture on these various issues.
Beginning on February 3rd, Counter Culture will be available wherever books are sold. Here are a few other book-related resources that may be of interest to you.
- Download the first chapter for free from the homepage of the book site.
- LifeWay is releasing a small group study in conjunction with the book.
- The book site offers some suggestions for ways you can get involved in each of the issues discussed in Counter Culture.
- Pre-buy Counter Culture at LifeWay Christian Stores at a significant discount and get a $5 savings card for a future visit. Offer is good through February 2, 2015. Go to the LifeWay site for more information.
- Refer to the Resources page of the book site for supplemental teaching on each chapter.
- Topic-specific booklets will also be made available for each of the issues in the book.