In a time when gender distinctions are abused, confused, blurred, and ignored, it's hard to overstate the importance of an organization like the the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (CBMW). We are honored to call them one of our Counter Culture ministry partners.
Mission – The mission of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood is to set forth the teachings of the Bible about the complementary differences between men and women, created equally in the image of God, because these teachings are essential for obedience to Scripture and for the health of the family and the church.
Vision – The vision of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood is to see the vast majority of evangelical homes, churches, academic institutions, and other ministries adopt the principles of the Danvers Statement as a part of their personal convictions and doctrinal confessions and apply them in consistent, heart-felt practice.
What's at Stake? –Since it was established in 1987 "to help the church defend against the accommodation of secular feminism," the CBMW has seen an even greater need for biblical teaching on this subject. At the heart of God's design for men and women is the gospel itself.
- The authority of Scripture is at stake.
- The health of the home is at stake.
- The health of the church is at stake.
- Our worship is at stake.
- Bible translations are at stake.
- The advance of the gospel is at stake.
You can read more about these six areas HERE.
- Join the CBMW at any of their events (you can even request they come your way).
- For solid teaching and practical application, take advantage of their regularly-updated blog.
- Support their gospel ministry to families and local churches by donating.
Find out more about the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood by visiting CBMW.org, from which all of the above information was taken.