We’re excited to see how God uses the message you just heard at Ignite Auburn! Here are a some suggestions for finding a next step in following Christ.
1. I Want to Learn More about Following Christ
If you have just put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, first tell someone! No one was intended to live the Christian life on their own. Find a church near you where you can receive teaching, encouragement, and accountability. We need community to grow and persevere as a follower of Christ.
- Good News: What the gospel is in five short questions.
- “The Gospel: What We Believe”: The foundational truths of the gospel based on Romans 3:21–26 by David Platt
- Read God’s Word and Pray: Reading God’s Word and praying are two of the most important spiritual habits for a follower of Christ. Consider starting a Bible reading plan—like 30 Days through the Gospel of John—and ask a Christian friend to discuss with you what you’ve read. To see how reading God’s Word can fuel your prayer life, follow “Pray the Word,” a short, daily podcast with David Platt.
2. I Want to Leverage My Life for the Sake of God’s Glory among All Nations
Seeing God’s ultimate purpose in the world can change everything about our lives. Begin by talking to someone who can help you think through how God may be leading you. This may be a pastor, ministry leader, member of your church, or a friend.
- What is God’s “Calling” on My Life?: In these short videos, David Platt talks about how to think through God’s calling on your life and your role in God’s global purpose.
- A Personal Disciple-Making Plan: Leveraging your life for God’s glory among the nations begins by making disciples right where you live. This plan is designed to help you be intentional about carrying this out.
- I Want to Support Urgent: Use your resources to meet spiritual and physical needs among the unreached. Through Urgent, Radical supports indigenous believers who are making disciples, multiplying healthy churches, and providing humanitarian aid among the world’s hardest to reach people and places.